Monday, August 28, 2006

My Hometown

Ste-Marguerite du Lac Masson is my hometown and I am sure nobody who reads these lines has ever heard of this little town of approximately 3500 souls. I was born there and I lived the first 20 years of my life there too. Back in time, when I was kid, it has the perfect environment a kid could wish. Mother Nature was all around, forest always five minutes from where you were. It was a little village, so everywhere I would have gone, I would have known somebody if I had a problem; like a big family… We did not have any police officers roaming around all the times, only when needed or sometimes when they were around, just to make a presence. It was rustic and it was so great. Since five to six years, everything has changed; a lot of people have heard of the quietness of the area, and so they moved there; well, the quietness is no more. Furthermore, since there are more and more residents, investors have invaded the place, destroying the character of the town, building modern structures between old houses, making no sense. Consequently, since there is more money in the place, there are more thieves and drug dealers; therefore, there is now two or three police cars patrolling all the time because people felt unsafe. How nice… Hooray for the “evolution” of the human being. Hope one day somebody is going to open his eyes and see that what happened in the last years was not for the best and do something about it.

Ville de Ste-Marguerite

No comments: